Wednesday, June 21, 2017

To John on the Summer Solstice

\
I agree with Steichmann that Ossoff's loss was not a doomsday event. Both sides invested significant resources, however, not only the GOP.
Mmmmm.. cream corn...
--
Uh, no, actually I am NOT drinking again. Thanks for your concern.
--
I think that if we propose to take over an institution, an organization or a private club, what have you, that means we aspire to be the establishment of said institution etc.
Attacking "the establishment" becomes attacking ourselves before we even get a chance at governing ourselves. This is problematic. I am open to your thoughts.
--

"We" needs to be defined, as well as, the policies to which "we" aspire. So far, that is not happening from what I am reading in the "papers" and for the last 90 or so minutes in this cesspool of human communication, i.e., Facebook.
No is not enough.
--
Status quo [our racist/classist society] has been enabled by our moderation policy agendas.
--
We should not be organizing against small businesses intending to improve local affordability outcomes.
--
A commons policy I can get behind is Land Value Taxation.
If you agree with that then you should also agree we need to organize for power at the state level.

In Ann Arbor, we need to stop spending so much time deliberating what to do with deer in the city and to stop overpaying professional police consultants to study us in order to better market police to us as the hyper-multifaceted public service/control that particular profession has become.

Across the USA, we spend way too much money on police and military.

We have a lot of parks in Ann Arbor. They're great. I love them all.
Negotiating zoning changes is a fucking drag. What a mess and waste of time. Why did we do this to ourselves? Oh, right, I forgot: White American Exceptionalism.
--
My prediction, regardless of any policy progress we can make, is that the USA will fail before it adequately remediates the wrongs of racism/classism/slavery. No illusions here, pal-ly.
--
I don't have all the answers and I am willing to listen to others. I am also willing to do my part, which for right now, consists of tending to those completely shut out of a fair deal in life. THAT is consuming my energy.
--
Social media equivocation, bickering and the like is not discourse and does not accomplish what some may state as their intentions.

--
Will the circle be unbroken?

#BeyondHRCandBernie #USA

No comments:

Post a Comment