Sunday, December 18, 2016

SEIZURE EXPERIMENT TONIGHT 10PM-12MID, SUNDAY DEC 18 + New Music Review feat. GosT and Tak Shindo [1958 reissue]

I am hosting the Seizure Experiment tonight on WCBN FM Ann Arbor, 88.3 MHz in #Ypsi/Ann Arbor. You can stream online at by clicking HERE

I have no idea what I am going to do, but it will be a blast. You could tune in and contribute to the content if you wish. Call 734-763-3500 or AOL IM at wcbnfm. You can also message using IMessage/Hangouts at radio@wcbn.org 

Below are the music reviews I did for the station this week. I have a feeling you might be hearing some of this GosT band tonight on the S.E. Don't miss out! 


GosT: NON PARADISI

GosT: “NON PARADISI”
Blood Music 2016
NO FCCs

I’ve heard this referred to as “Synth Wave” and if that is a type of “Metal,” then I fully agree with use of that descriptor. I would describe the music as metal played on synths with a few featured vocalists. Themes are centered on horror and satanic aphorisms, e.g. the liner notes contain this quote attributed to “Lucifer” in Milton’s Paradise Lost: “BETTER TO REIGN IN HELL THAN TO SERVE IN HEAVEN.” Play anytime of day! Great for freeform. I don’t have any favorite tracks, I like each equally. Enjoy!
-D.W.C.B.N.

Commencement      5:02
Nascency      5:06
Aggrandizement (Featuring Bitchcraft)5:02
Lake Of Fire              4:27
Supreme (Featuring Hayley Stewart)   4:57
4th                      4:26
Arise (Featuring Kriistal Ann)      6:14
Maleficarum              3:36
Unum Infernum      4:09
I Am Abaddon              4:27





Tak Shindo: “MGANGA!”
Modern Harmonic 2016
No FCCs

A reissue from the original 1958 recording tapes. Mganga means “medicine man.” An absolutely delightful addition to our collection for Leisure Experimenters and beyond. All songs are excellent [from my newcomer’s perspective]. Pick a track, sit back and relax! - D.W.C.B.N. 

Mombasa Love Song 2:40
Safari To Kenya 2:21
Nyoba Festival 2:06
Slave Chains Of Mtumwa 3:05
Bantu Spear Dance         1:47
Rains Of Okavango         2:08
Huts Of Kichwamba 2:47
Mganga                 2:14
Mwanza Market Place 1:57
N'ga (The Maiden)         2:49
Watusi Drum Dance 2:12

Port Of Trinkitat 2:54

No comments:

Post a Comment